Thursday, May 1, 2014

This week we had a wonderful vacation at one of our favorite spots- Myrtle Beach, SC. Each morning we would wake to a beautiful sunrise while sitting on our balcony sipping sweet tea and coffee. God knew exactly what he was doing when he created the ocean and the beach. He made very many people happy when His creation was made. Sometimes it is hard for me to just sit back and take it all in. Thank you God for allowing us to enjoy such beauty.
 I love taking pictures not only of the waves beating upon the shore but the ocean wheat  and weeds that grow alone the banks that is used to help protect the shore lines. Many little creatures make their home in these weeds.
 Our favorite pier to fish on is the State Park Pier. You can meet some of the nicest people there. Sometimes the fishing is not that great especially when the temperature of the water hasn't warmed  to meet the fish demands. They refuse to take the bait unless the temperature of the water is just right. That is when you can just lower your line into the water and meet and greet people. I am a typical Southern lady that never meets a stranger. I made 2 friends while sitting watching my husband fish. One was a sweet lady named Judy and the other was a Vietnam lady named Anna. When I meet people and I know I will never get to see them again I call them "my in the moment friend." This means they were there and I was able to talk to them. I will never see them again but they will remain my my heart.

I enjoy taking pictures under the pier. Sometimes it is scary to look straight out toward the ocean beating up against the large poles that holds up the pier. I always wonder how much pounding these poles can take from the storms that occur occasionally.
I enjoyed taking pictures of my book "The Southern Belle Breakfast Club." I carried around the book taking all kinds of odd pictures,. Those are the most fun. People would stop me and that gave me an opportunity to chat about their lives as well as mine. Life can be so much fun if you just let go and enjoy it. The people that you make friends with while just strolling down the beach might become your very best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment