Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Even though I call my self an author, lately I am finding I am becoming interested in a lot of other things in life that is occupying my time. I have baked so many pies, cakes and cookies lately that I should open up a bakery. I also have been carrying around a camera taking pictures like there is no tomorrow. This is a black walnut pound cake that I baked for my brother in law. I have had many requests for the recipe so here it is:                  ENJOY !

                                            Pound cake

                                  3 cups sugar
                                  3 cups plain flour
                                  1 tsp. baking powder
                                  1/2 cup vegetable oil
                                  1 1/2 tsp. vanilla flavoring
                                  1 1/2 tsp. lemon flavoring
                                  6  eggs
                                  1/4 tsp. salt
                                  1 cup Crisco shortening
                                  1 cup Pet (evaporated) milk

                 Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl for at least 4 to 5 minutes. Pour into greased and floured tube pan.  Preheat oven to 325 degrees and bake for 1 1/2 hours. Ovens may vary.
                  What I like about this recipe is that you can use black walnut flavoring instead of the suggested flavorings and add black walnuts and thus you have a black walnut pound cake. You can use all orange flavoring and quickly have an orange pound cake. The cake can be changed in many ways and is so delicious!!!