Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Even though I call my self an author, lately I am finding I am becoming interested in a lot of other things in life that is occupying my time. I have baked so many pies, cakes and cookies lately that I should open up a bakery. I also have been carrying around a camera taking pictures like there is no tomorrow. This is a black walnut pound cake that I baked for my brother in law. I have had many requests for the recipe so here it is:                  ENJOY !

                                            Pound cake

                                  3 cups sugar
                                  3 cups plain flour
                                  1 tsp. baking powder
                                  1/2 cup vegetable oil
                                  1 1/2 tsp. vanilla flavoring
                                  1 1/2 tsp. lemon flavoring
                                  6  eggs
                                  1/4 tsp. salt
                                  1 cup Crisco shortening
                                  1 cup Pet (evaporated) milk

                 Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl for at least 4 to 5 minutes. Pour into greased and floured tube pan.  Preheat oven to 325 degrees and bake for 1 1/2 hours. Ovens may vary.
                  What I like about this recipe is that you can use black walnut flavoring instead of the suggested flavorings and add black walnuts and thus you have a black walnut pound cake. You can use all orange flavoring and quickly have an orange pound cake. The cake can be changed in many ways and is so delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment